Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Guild, Episode 4: "Cheesybeard's"

Welcome to our continuing coverage of The Guild, my new online favorite, and winner of the Yahoo 2007 Best Web Series Award, the YouTube Best Series Award for 2007, and the ON Networks/SXSW Greenlight Award for Best Original Production.

I'll tell you why The Guild is such a huge hit for me- three things, really:

1. The Geekness- it refers to dorky games like World of Warcraft and Guild Wars and stuff. And, yes, I do play those MMORPG's, dork that I am.
2. The Ladies- wow, Felicia Day (who plays Cyd/Codex) and Amy Okuda (Tink, pictured below with the crew on set) are both sooo cute!

3. The Humor! Tell me it isn't funny, and I will fight you :) Online :D

Now let's get back to the story. In our last episode, the Guild deals with an in-game issue: Bladezz got banned for spamming at the Auction House. Zaboo shows off his Photoshop skills and his -uh- "magic carpet". Cyd wants to desperately get away from it all, and proposes the Guild meet up for a change in real life.

So the chicks and dudes all finally meet up in this episode, "Cheesybeard's". Enjoy!



Read more about The Guild as I feature the rest of the other episodes on this blog, "Renzie On Gaming". In the meantime, you can check out their official website for lots of great insider stuff and exclusive video, or you could check them out on Facebook and MySpace.

'Til next episode! Cheers, everyone!

No comments:

PC Gaming Updates for the PC!

Updates from Kotaku!

Blue's News