Friday, July 25, 2008

A Quick Break From Gaming - 2008 July

Hey there, fellow gaming enthusiast.

It's actually been quite a while since I've posted anything really substantial on this blog. I've been in Los Angeles for a little over a month- and if you've been reading any of my other blogs, you probably already know that I have plans of moving there definitely within the year.

I've already cut all my corporate ties (i.e. retired early from my radio career in Metro Manila and had gone completely home-based) back in the Philippines, and I'm starting to appreciate my new work-life situation.

What it means, really, is more time for me to do the shit I want, whenever I want. And yes, that means, among other things, more gaming.

At least I managed to get some stuff done while I was in Los Angeles:

--> I managed to get me a sweet new PC. It's got a nice new monitor, much better sounds and I thought I should try me out Vista for a change. I'll be using it for a lot of photo/video/audio editing on top of my regular gaming stuff.

--> Moved quite a lot of games to Los Angeles, but I still have a substantial amount of toys and games left to bring to the United States. At least I can play World of Warcraft from L.A.

--> Seriously considering getting me into Age of Conan. Been getting good word-of-mouth. But do I really have enough time for another paid MMORPG? I don't think I'm playing enough WoW as it is :)

--> I still have my eye on a new Xbox 360. I bought me a new Canon EOS 400D Digital Rebel XTi instead.

--> I was considering getting a DS Lite. Or a Sony PSP. But I have serious doubts- I don't think I really want to get into handhelds. Maybe when I have a spare US$150, then I'll think about it again.

--> Checked out the new 4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons. Not too keen about it. I'd rather stick to the old 3rd or even 2nd Edition rules. Seriously. In fact, I'm playing Icewind Dale II all over again.

--> Got my sister hooked on World of Warcraft :D

--> Also managed to get my hands on Mass Effect for the PC, which I'm playing right now. Awesome game.

Well, at least it's good to be back. This blog is in need of some housekeeping. I didn't even realize Felicia Day left me a message last March. Felicia Day, man! Of "The Guild" and "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog"! How could I have possibly missed that?

Let's get back to some blogging now, shall we?

Cheers, everyone!

No comments:

PC Gaming Updates for the PC!

Updates from Kotaku!

Blue's News