Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Would Rather Be Gaming

There seems to be a shortage of good gaming bloggers.

At least that's what this friend of mine told me. She works for a local PR agency, and it's good to hear that more PR and advertising agencies have been making good use of bloggers as a legitimate means to promote their interests.

In any case, she's had no problem putting together groups of bloggers for other events- food events, tech events, lifestyle events- but for some reason, she wonders, why does she seem to have a shortage of good gaming bloggers?

I thought about it as she brought it up- was this true, I pondered to myself. Off the top of my head, I could name probably a handful of bloggers I know who are into gaming, and some who actually do have gaming blogs which I read- but that's just it, there's only a handful.

But why aren't there more?

Even looking at my own blog- this one, "Renzie On Gaming"- I've noticed that I haven't put in as much content as I have on, say, my blog on marketing, or my blog on music. Even if it's clear that I'm a game freak of the freakiest kind.

Gaming is what I do when I'm not blogging, or otherwise engaged in business. And given the kind of games I play, it's so easy to get lost in them hours at a time.

And then it struck me. Why aren't there more gaming bloggers?

Because bloggers who are into gaming, would rather spend two hours playing their World of Warcraft, Call of Duty 4 or Grand Theft Auto San Andreas than spend those same two hours blogging or writing some more.

Even at this moment, in fact, I'm just itching to head on back to Azeroth to level up my Dranei shaman for a couple of hours before I start doing real work.

But there you have it. The answer to our question. There's still a huge demand for gaming blogs out there, and now that I've realized that, maybe it's time to change the way I see things.

After I log in to World of Warcraft a bit. Gotta check my Auction House sales, you know?

Cheers, everyone :)

No comments:

PC Gaming Updates for the PC!

Updates from Kotaku!

Blue's News